Let me brief you all, the events happened in this week and also our future strategy.
1. At Rajya Sabha, on 2nd Sept, Ram Vilas Paswan (LJP, Bihar) raised our matter. Follow below link.
(Pg.No:30, 31&32). This speech of Ram Vilas Paswan, is supported by
· K.C.Tyagi (JD(u), Bihar);
· Dr. Bhalachandra Mungekar (Nominated Member, Indian Economist);
· Avinash Pande (INC, Maharastra);
· Anand Bhaskar Rapolu (INC, Andra Pradesh);
· Vijaylakshmi Sadhau (INC, Madya Pradesh);
· Ram Kripal Yadav ( RJD, Bihar).
2. At Lok Sabha, Raghuvansh Prasad(RJD, Bihar) and Sharad Yadav (JD(u), Bihar), has raised our matter. Read below links:
a) On 4th Sept 2013 (Raghuvansh Prasad) through a Special Mention.
(Page no 57-58). This speech was supported by
· Ganesh Singh (BJP, Maharastra);
· Dr. Ram Shankar (BJP, Agra UP);
· Shailendra Kumar(SP, UP);
· A. Sampath(CPI(Marxist), Kerala);
· M.B Rajesh( CPI(Marxist), Kerala);
· P.K. Biju(CPI(Marxist), Kerala);
· Prahlad Joshi(BJP, Karnataka);
· P.L Punia(INC, Barabanki UP).
b) On 6th Sept 2013 (Sharad Yadav)
http://184.108.40.206/newdebate/15/14/06092013/11To12am.pdf (Page no 24-28)
If anyone has video links of Lok Sabha debate on these specific matters, then please share it with us. We will try to circulate it to our supporters. From now on, if anyone has live TV recording settings in your setup-boxes, then kindly please record the Parlimentary proceedings, as it is hard to retrieve later.
3. We met Oscar Fernandes again, and he has scheduled a meeting with DoPT and Narayanswamy. This meeting may happen very soon as the session got over.
4. We have drafted a Memorandum, i.e. signed by more 40 MP’s, and will be forwarding it to PMO. But we are facing a problem here since most of MP’s have left to their constituency, as the session got over today. So we plan send this memorandum across to all our supporters (through email). Kindly get it signed by MP’s whom you can contact and send it to us. This would be a big contribution that a supporter can provide us.
The day we submit this letter to PMO, we will organize a press conference and make it public.
5. Although we are hopeful of some positive outcome through political engages, but that may not take place at the pace we aspire for. We are determined to carry on the political engagements and build political pressure. But now that the Parliamentary session is over, we have to look at other options. These majorly include
i.Protest Movements: Yes We Can! For one more time. But venue/date/time is not decided.
ii.Media Pressure: Yes, through this we hope to build some strength to our movement. We are also hopeful of some TV media interviews with our volunteers.
iii.Legal Battle: Yes, we have met few advocates, who have earlier fought against UPSC, and we hope to file PIL/SLP soon. Currently our volunteers want to take a break till Monday and after that we will properly strategize our legal battle. We require proper guidance/help in this approach from our supporters. Please suggest us. This approach can surely provide us the fruits, provided we have patience, money and hope.
Kindly send us any documents which you feel will justify our claims.
Let me explain you all that coming days are not easy, as we may not hit the headlines daily. We need to sustain the movement in this crucial phase. We will try to circulate the messages as early as possible.